ATAC Corporation is a software and services company that specializes in providing the aviation community with state-of-the-art computer simulation, modeling, and analysis tools, as well as expert services in air traffic systems and operations design and analysis. We are committed to making major contributions to the aviation industry by providing high quality products and services to meet critical needs, while maintaining a creative, innovative, and responsive, small-company environment.
ATAC serves clients in both the public and private sectors via its headquarters office in Santa Clara, California and branch offices in Washington, D.C., Boston, Massachusetts, and San Diego, California. Primary clients include the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), service branches of the Department of Defense (DOD), airport authorities, airport planning and engineering firms, and private companies involved with aviation systems development and integration.
ATAC has an opening for an Aviation Analyst. This is a full-time junior to mid-level staff position. The successful candidate will participate in the analysis of aviation related performance in terms of operational efficiency, safety, and environmental dimensions from a variety of sources.
- Development and deployment of aviation performance reports
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of air traffic performance and simulation data
- Development of aviation simulation scenarios
- Development and analysis of fast-time aviation simulations and analysis tools
- Integration of simulation and analysis tools and analytical techniques
- Aviation data and simulation verification and validation
- Calibration and troubleshooting of data processing and simulation algorithms
- Support for automatic data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Technical report writing
- Technical and management presentations of analytical results
- Support (some of which is on-site) of FAA and NASA users/customers.
A background check will be required for this position.
ATAC is looking for career-minded people with the potential to grow professionally and advance into positions of greater technical and project management responsibility.
Required attributes include:
- Bachelor’s degree in the area of operations research, engineering fields including but not limited to systems and aerospace engineering, mathematics, statistics or related field
- Ability to conduct engineering and planning analysis
- Good PC applications skills with office tools including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Good written and oral communication skills and interpersonal relations skills
- A strong interest in the aviation field
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency
Highly desired attributes include:
- Master’s degree
- PC programming experience (VB, VBA, and Perl)
- A statistics background
- Previous aviation analysis experience
- Previous aviation simulation development and/or use, and/or experience in air traffic control systems or as a private/commercial/military pilot
In addition, the ideal candidate is a team player, open to new ideas, technologies and development methodologies, thinks both logically and creatively, and approaches problems and problem solving with a positive and constructive attitude.
If this sounds like you, please use one of the following methods to send your resume AND a cover letter in which you summarize the particular elements of your background that relate to the requirements of this position.
Fax: 408 727 8447
E-mail: Human Resources
Please send a non-formatted ASCII-text version of your resume in the body of the email, or attach your cover letter and resume as Microsoft Word documents.
Attn: Human Resources
2770 De La Cruz Boulevard
Santa Clara, CA 95050-2624
Human Resources / ATAC Corporation / 2770 De La Cruz Blvd. / Santa Clara, CA 95050-2624 / 408.736.2822 / Fax 408.736.8447