Aviation Operations Analyst (NASMOD)
ATAC Corporation is a software and services company that specializes in providing the aviation community with state-of-the-art computer simulation, modeling, and analysis tools, as well as expert services in air traffic systems and operations design and analysis. We are committed to making major contributions to the aviation industry by providing high quality products and services to meet critical needs, while maintaining a creative, innovative, and responsive, small-company environment.
ATAC serves clients in both the public and private sectors via its headquarters office in Sunnyvale, California and branch offices in Washington, D.C., Boston, Massachusetts, and San Diego, California. Primary clients include the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), service branches of the Department of Defense (DOD), airport authorities, airport planning and engineering firms, and private companies involved with aviation systems development and integration.
ATAC has an opening for an Aviation Operations Analyst (NASMOD) in Sunnyvale, CA. This is a full-time, mid-level staff position. The successful candidate will develop models used for simulating and analyzing complex airport and airspace operations. The application of these models supports decision making for military customers with respect to aviation operations. Typical studies involve evaluating the impacts on capacity, delay, traffic loading, aircraft operating costs, resource utilization, noise and air quality, and training.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting on-site data collection to construct the simulation models
- Coordinate model construction and analysis reports among other NASMOD analysts for consistency, quality, and accuracy
- Transforming raw data into complex inputs for airfield and airspace simulations
- Calibrating the simulation to ensure results represent historical operations
- Identification of software bugs and make recommendations for resolution and desired improvements
- Communicating and working closely with airport, military and government customers
- Analyzing input and output data using extended Excel functions and add-ins
- Developing well written, comprehensive study reports
- Preparing and presenting briefings on study results
A background check will be required for this position.
ATAC is looking for career-minded people with the potential to grow professionally and advance into positions of greater technical and project management responsibility. The ideal candidate will work well in a team environment, be open to new ideas, technologies and development methodologies, think both logically and creatively, and approach problems and problem solving with a positive and constructive attitude. This is a highly analytical position requiring superior problem solving skills.
- Bachelor of Science degree in the area of operations research, systems engineering, aerospace engineering, mathematics, statistics or related field
- 3+ years of experience
- Ability to independently conduct engineering and planning analysis
- Technical writing experience
- PC skills utilizing office tools such as Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of relational database systems
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Excel including use of pivot tables
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal relations skills
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency
- Military or civilian aviation experience in ATC or as a pilot/mission specialist
- Programming experience (SQL, C/C++, VB and/or PERL).
If this sounds like you, please use one of the following methods to send your resume AND a cover letter in which you summarize the particular elements of your background that relate to the requirements of this position.
E-mail: Human Resources
Please send a non-formatted ASCII-text version of your resume in the body of the email, or attach your cover letter and resume as Microsoft Word documents.
Attn: Human Resources
755 N. Mathilda Avenue, Suite 200
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Human Resources / ATAC Corporation / 755 N. Mathilda Avenue, Suite 200 / Sunnyvale, CA 94085 / 408.736.2822 / Fax 408.736.8447