Exceptional People Contribute to Our Success
ATAC strives to provide its employees with both stability and growth while furnishing diversified products and services to a broad spectrum of clients. It has an environment that is rich in resources and conducive to individual initiative. As such, ATAC has been able to attract and retain a staff that excels in productivity and technical competence. The character of its personnel is reflected in the quality and economy of the services it performs.
ATAC is always interested in candidates that are self-starters, work well both independently and in a team environment, are open to new ideas and ways of doing things, think both logically and creatively, and approach problems and problem solving with a positive and constructive attitude.
ATAC is EO Disabled/Veterans
View job openings below and to send your resume and cover letter, email Ellen Asleson at email@example.com.
If you need assistance in submitting an application, please contact Human Resources at 408 736 2822.
ATAC has an opening for an Aviation Research Intern. This is a paid internship and will be located at our headquarters in Santa Clara, California. The successful candidate will participate in the analysis of aviation related performance data from a variety of sources including the Performance Data Analysis and Reporting System (PDARS), a system for the automatic collection, analysis and reporting of aviation performance measurements. The candidate will also participate in simulation and modeling of air traffic operations using a variety of aviation simulation tools.
Responsibilities will include:
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of air traffic data
- Application of visualization software to understand air traffic operations
- Development of machine learning, neural networks, or other Artificial Intelligence (AI)-enabled software algorithms to find significant patterns in aviation-related data.
- Integration of advanced data mining techniques into ATAC research and commercial products.
- Interaction with aviation subject matter experts (SMEs) to incorporate their knowledge into machine learning and aviation data analytics algorithms
- Development and deployment of aviation performance reports
- Aviation data verification and validation
- Calibration and troubleshooting of data processing algorithms
- Presentation and briefing development
A background check will be required for this position.
ATAC is looking for open-minded people who have an interest in developing knowledge in the aviation domain and motivation to be a part of FAA’s NextGen, which is a comprehensive overhaul of our National Airspace System to make air travel more convenient and dependable, while ensuring flights are as safe, secure and hassle-free as possible.
Required attributes include:
- Entering final year of B.S. program or current M.S. student in a STEM major
- Familiarity with data mining, machine learning, Big Data, or AI algorithm development
- Strong analytical skills and experience working with large data sets
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal relations skills
- Good PC applications skills with office tools including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Highly desired attributes include:
- Major in aerospace, mechanical, electrical or systems engineering, operations research, applied mathematics, statistics or physics
- Currently attending or planning to attend a graduate school program
- Knowledge of machine learning and Artificial Intelligence-related software libraries
- Knowledge of airport operations and air traffic management, and development of algorithms to process aviation-related data sets
ATAC offers a casual business environment within a supportive team of likeminded individuals. We are proud of our working environment, our culture and our people-we will be the best place to work for those who share our passion.
In addition, the ideal candidate is a team player, open to new ideas and technologies (especially application of Machine Learning to aviation problems), thinks both logically and creatively, and approaches problems and problem solving with a positive and constructive attitude.
ATAC Corporation is a software and services company that specializes in providing the aviation community with state-of-the-art computer simulation, modeling, and analysis tools, as well as expert services in air traffic systems and operations design and analysis. We are committed to making major contributions to the aviation industry by providing high quality products and services to meet critical needs, while maintaining a creative, innovative, and responsive, small-company environment.
ATAC serves clients in both the public and private sectors via its headquarters office in Santa Clara, California and branch offices in Washington, D.C., Atlantic City, New Jersey, and San Diego, California. Primary clients include the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), service branches of the Department of Defense (DOD), airport authorities, airport planning and engineering firms, and private companies involved with aviation systems development and integration.
If this sounds like you, please use one of the following methods to send your resume AND a cover letter in which you summarize the particular elements of your background that relate to the requirements of this position.
Fax: 408 727 8447
E-mail: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send a non-formatted ASCII-text version of your resume in the body of the email, or attach your cover letter and resume as Microsoft Word documents.
Attn: Human Resources
2770 De La Cruz Boulevard
Santa Clara, CA 95050-2624
ATAC is EOE Disabled/Veterans