Exceptional People Contribute to Our Success
ATAC strives to provide its employees with both stability and growth while furnishing diversified products and services to a broad spectrum of clients. It has an environment that is rich in resources and conducive to individual initiative. As such, ATAC has been able to attract and retain a staff that excels in productivity and technical competence. The character of its personnel is reflected in the quality and economy of the services it performs.
ATAC is always interested in candidates that are self-starters, work well both independently and in a team environment, are open to new ideas and ways of doing things, think both logically and creatively, and approach problems and problem solving with a positive and constructive attitude.
ATAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
View job openings below and to send your resume and cover letter, email Ellen Asleson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need assistance in submitting an application, please contact Human Resources at 408 736 2822.
Today, aviation stands at the threshold of a revolutionary transformation to an air traffic management system that safely accommodates growing demand for new air vehicles such as urban air mobility aircraft, supersonic commercial transport, and ubiquitous unmanned air systems. Our Aviation Systems Engineers and Data Analytics experts are helping the National Aeronautic Space Administration (NASA) and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in building this exciting new future of aviation. We are building cutting-edge data analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, simulation and decision support technologies that will enable increasingly autonomous air traffic decision-making, advances in human-machine teaming, and integration of air traffic technologies in an open architecture, while ensuring system-wide safety.
As someone who is passionate about aviation operations as well as data analytics and other data driven techniques, and their applications to real world problems, you will have the initiative and drive to develop for our clients innovative, cutting-edge solutions.
If you have a passion for aviation and a data analytics background, this job is a perfect fit for you!
ATAC has an opening for a Senior Aviation Research Engineer. This is a full-time position and is located in Santa Clara, California. The successful candidate will provide technical contributions to ATAC’s Research and Product Development Division for innovative research efforts and the design, development, and deployment of aviation information systems.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading and participating in aviation focused research project from start to finish.
- Formulating and defining integration scope and objectives based on user needs, specifications and research.
- Developing data analytics & data-driven techniques & applying them to model/solve real-world aviation problems.
- Integrating advanced data mining techniques into ATAC research and commercial products.
- Interacting with aviation subject matter experts (SMEs) to incorporate their knowledge into data analytics algorithms.
- Conducting independent technical investigations supporting research and product development.
- Writing research papers for aviation research conferences and preparing proposals for research projects.
Work may include:
- Application of techniques such as machine learning, neural networks, or other Artificial Intelligence (AI)-enabled software algorithms to find significant patterns in aviation and related data.
- Devising or modifying system procedures to solve complex problems, considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Utilizing Big Data and GPU-based processing techniques to scale computational problems.
You will find while working at ATAC there is no shortage of opportunity to make a significant and lasting impact. Our teams are constantly developing new and innovative applications for our technology concepts with the potential for patents.
A background check will be required for this position.
ATAC is looking for career-minded people with the potential to grow professionally, provide technical expertise and assume project management responsibilities.
Desired attributes include:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in science, engineering, or math with a minimum of three years of relevant experience in data mining, statistical analysis, simulation and modeling, machine learning, Big Data, or AI algorithm development.
- Ability to quickly prototype and demonstrate software concepts in a number of languages.
- Experience that includes the development of algorithms to process aviation-related data sets.
- Strong analytical skills and experience working with large data sets.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal relations skills.
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
ATAC offers a casual business environment within a supportive team of likeminded individuals. We are proud of our working environment, our culture and our people. We will be the best place to work for those who share our passion for aviation.
In addition, the ideal candidate is a team player, is open to new ideas, and has experience with technologies and development methodologies including Python and Java, as well as aviation-related data sources such as FAA SWIM data or FOQA data.
ATAC Corporation is a software and services company that specializes in providing the aviation community with state-of-the-art computer simulation, modeling, and analysis tools, as well as expert services in air traffic systems and operations design and analysis. We are committed to making major contributions to the aviation industry by providing high quality products and services to meet critical needs, while maintaining a creative, innovative, and responsive, small-company environment.
ATAC serves clients in both the public and private sectors via its headquarters office in Santa Clara, California and branch offices in Arlington, Virginia, and San Diego, California. Primary clients include the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), service branches of the Department of Defense (DOD), airport authorities, airport planning and engineering firms, and private companies involved with aviation systems development and integration.
If this sounds like you, please use one of the following methods to send your resume AND a cover letter in which you summarize the particular elements of your background that relate to the requirements of this position.
Fax: 408 727 8447
E-mail: Human Resources at email@example.com
Please send a non-formatted ASCII-text version of your resume in the body of the email, or attach your cover letter and resume as Microsoft Word documents.
Attn: Human Resources
2770 De La Cruz Boulevard
Santa Clara, CA 95050-2624
ATAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled