Advanced Simulation Tool for AnalysesSimmod PRO!® provides the flexibility and power of true rules-based modeling capability through the innovative implementation of a generalized simulation scripting language. This greatly expands the capability to simulate the dynamics, variability, site-specific features and situation-specific factors in air traffic operations. Since 1997, users have relied on Simmod PRO! to overcome their most complex airspace and airfield operational modeling and simulation challenges.
Simmod PRO!’s modeling power is derived from the user-defined rules that query the state of the simulation and provide dynamic decision-making. Each step of a flight can be controlled with user-defined rules that address the ever-changing conditions in the air or on the ground. This ability allows the modeling of:
- Dynamic airfield and airspace rerouting
- Complex taxiing operations
- Departure queue sequencing
- Ground vehicles (e.g., towing, fueling, catering, baggage)
- Disruptive events (e.g., weather, system failures, runway closures, A380)
- Human resources and activities (e.g., controllers, pilots, airline)
- Advanced operating concepts
- Complex interactions among neighboring airports
You can read how Denver International Airport is saving millions of dollars in their deicing operation by using Simmod PRO! – 21st Century, Fast-time Airport and Airspace Modeling Analysis with Simmod published in Managing the Skies – A Journal of the FAA Managers Association.