In-Depth Aviation Knowledge and Unique Set of Tools for Modeling
ATAC is a recognized leader in the design and development of aviation models, simulations, decision aids, and analysis tools. For the past three decades, ATAC is developing aviation modeling under contract to the FAA, NASA, DOD, and private industry.
ATAC is involved in the full development cycle – functional and system specification, software design and analysis, programming and implementation, system integration, test and verification, public distribution, and maintenance and support. ATAC has played a lead role throughout the development cycle include the Airport and Airspace Simulation Model (Simmod) and Aviation Environmental Design Tool (AEDT), the FAA’s standard noise assessment tool for airport noise and emissions. Both are worldwide standards for airport and airspace planning and analysis.
ATAC developed models, simulations, and analysis tools have been designed and extensively used to address a wide variety of problems, issues, and concerns associated with aviation systems and operations, including:
- Airport/airspace capacity and delay
- Aircraft environmental impacts including noise, fuel burn, and emissions
- Benefit-cost analysis
- System-wide impact assessment
- Optimum flight planning
- Air traffic controller workload
- Advanced air traffic controller decision aids evaluation
- Military special use airspace and aviation training requirements
- Air traffic system performance monitoring
ATAC employs state-of-the-art methods and approaches in developing aviation modeling and analysis tools. These continuously evolve as advanced software development technology becomes available.
Recent development efforts include:
- User-friendly graphical user interfaces
- Embedded database management systems
- Data warehousing
- Flexible report generation capabilities
- Object-oriented software design
- State-of-art programming languages
- Current architecture and integration technology
In addition to model development, ATAC is extensively involved in the application of modeling and analysis tools. A key to ATAC’s success in model development is the participation of ATAC’s aviation domain experts throughout the design, development and verification process to ensure proper modeling assumptions, sound algorithms, and tools that meet the needs of users.